11/03/2011

Minus Plus

So for a while now I've had that link over on the right column that said "Shared Items." This took you to a list of blog posts and images and etc. that I've "shared" using Google Reader. If you ever wondered about my politics or what I thought was funny or interesting you could find it all there. Also, I followed the shared items of people who turned me onto interesting stuff (peacay, Adam Kotsko, Chris Adams, Mark Hensel, etc.), and now this networking feature is gone. Google has changed Reader all around in order to promote the Google Plus. I'm no dummy but I can't figure out how to really work Google Plus, or how it's supposed to replace the subtraction of the sharing features in Google Reader. Blegh. You can read more about this world-historical disaster here.

3 comments:

Ryan Cecil said...

Same feeling here!

Mark P Hensel said...

Yeah such a bummer. It was great sharing with you too! If I could, I'd like and share this post.

Dane said...

I know! This is truly distressing! I feel like I have lost a part of me. When the "share" button disappeared, I stared at the screen in disbelief.